Antidoping Switzerland Foundation
Since 1 July 2008, the Antidoping Switzerland foundation has been the independent centre of excellence for fighting doping in Switzerland. Since January 2016 Antidoping Switzerland has been fully certified in accordance with the ISO 9001:2015 quality management requirements.
Antidoping Switzerland receives its funding from the Confederation and from Swiss Olympic. The foundation provides services based on service contracts submitted by Swiss Olympic and the Federal Office of Sport. These service contracts form the basis for funding and define the goals of Antidoping Switzerland. The Antidoping Switzerland foundation is a non-profit organisation with no commercial aims. Any secondary activities are carried out with the sole aim of achieving the foundation’s main purpose – to make a significant contribution towards fighting doping in sport, based on recognised national and international guidelines and directives.
Athletes can engage in sport in a doping-free environment.
The Antidoping Switzerland foundation makes a key contribution to compating doping in sport through doping controls, investigations, doping prevention, applied research and national and international cooperation. It protects the right of sportsmen and sportswomen to take part in fair and doping-free sport with equal opportunities, and helps to make professional sport credible, as expcted by the public.
- Integrity: We implement ethical standards and show honesty, stability and fairness in all our activities.
- Independence: We work in an unbiased, impartial objective manner.
- Respect: We treat others with the highest possible degree of dignity, equality and trust.
- Reliability: Our activities and actions are transparent, measurable and clear.
- Innovation: We develop and promote forward-thinking, practical and workable solutions and models.
- Collaboration: We promote collaboration within the team and with national and international partners.
The executive bodies of the foundation are:
- The Foundation Board
- The Director
- The Auditors
The Foundation Board
The Foundation Board is composed of renowned individuals in business, politics, medicine and sport and is responsible for determining the strategic focus of Antidoping Switzerland.
The members of the Foundation Board are as follows:
- Corinne Schmidhauser (President), lawyer and mediator, former top athlete, adjudicator at the international Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) in Lausanne;
- Jörg Annaheim, Doctor of Law (representative of the Confederation), former Vice President of the Federal Office of Sports, Head of Sporting Policy and Resources;
- Urs Winkler, Vice-Chairman of the Executive Board of Swiss Olympic, Rector of the Sports Gymnasium Davos (SSGD);
- Prof. Jan-Anders Månson, Vice President of the Federal Polytechnic Institute (EPFL) in Lausanne, in charge at EPFL for collaboration with Alinghi, Solar Impulse and Hydroptère, President of the International Academy of Sport Science and Technology;
- Prof. Jacques Diezi, pharmacologist, University of Lausanne, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology;
- Andreas Zuber, Managing Director of AMAG in Bern
- Jacqueline de Quattro, member of the Cantonal Council of Vaud, head of the "Département du territoire et de l'environnement";
- Dr. med. Urs Karrer, Cantonal hospital of Winterthur, senior physician polyclinic. Specialiste for interal medecin and infectious diseases FMH.